Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ohio Woman Gets Prison for Underage Sex

Nichole R. Metzler, 37-year-old woman from Kent, Ohio, has been sentenced by a Portage County judge to 16 months in prison after pleading guilty in March to a felony count of gross sexual imposition.

The child, who was 15 at the time, was under her care. Metzler pleaded guilty to having sexual contact with the male juvenile family member. Portage County Common Pleas Judge Laurie Pittman also fined her $350, credited her with four days already served in the Portage County jail and ordered her to have no contact with the victim. Pittman also labeled Metzler a Tier I sex offender, who must register with her local sheriff's office once a year for 15 years upon her release from prison.

Prior to Pittman imposing the sentence, defense attorneys Troy Reeves and Steve Smith told Pittman it was unlikely Metzler would re-offend if allowed to serve a term on probation. Metzler "took full responsibility" for her crimes, had never been in trouble before and "did not cause any physical harm to the victim," Reeves told Pittman. "Maybe you didn't physically hurt him, but emotionally and mentally, you tore him apart," Pittman said.
"You admit you had sex with him?" Pittman asked. Metzler said that she had, but could not recall how many times. "Once I got caught in that situation, I didn't know how to get out."

The victim, who is now 21, told Pittman he had waited for this day. "I'm tired of living in shame and regret," he said. "I struggled emotionally and mentally. I've always been made out to be a liar. It made me feel alone. I knew others saw and knew Nichole was guilty." Others also suffered "while Nichole sat back and played innocent," the victim said. "I just want her to suffer the way I have, her husband and son have. I want everyone to look at her and know what she has done." After imposing the prison sentence, and before Metzler was led away in handcuffs, Pittman told the victim that "now, people have to believe you."

Source:
Ohio Woman, Nichole Metzler, Senteced for Sex with Underage Family Member

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...